Blessingsonthenet Features More Than 600 Festival, Fairs, Fast, State Festivals, Regional Festivals, Festival Recipes, Temple Festival,Festival Gallery (Audio, Video,Photo Gallery) of India.
Lapsi is also a sweet and scrumptious north Indian dish. Made of broken wheat pieces and ghee along with nuts, raisins and dry fruits, it is an easy to make and nutritious recipe. Lapsi is one of the main dish at time of Kumbh Mela ,most of the visitors to the Melas stay for one month in tents on the shores of the Ganga and cook their own food specially the LAPSI which is a "must" on the main day of the Kumbh.
Method of making lapsi :
1.Soak the raisins in 1/2 cup water and keep aside.
2. Heat ghee in a heavy-bottomed dekchi.
3. Then season the ghee with whole cloves and cardamoms.
4. Add Semolina. Make the fire medium and fry it to a light golden colour.
5. Pour milk, stir and cover the dekchi.
6. Make the fire slow and let the Semolina cook till it is soft.
7. If necessary to add a little water to cook it.
8. Put in the jaggery, mix well, cover the dekchi.
9. Let it cook till the jaggery is absorbed and the Lapsi becomes quite thick.
10. Put in the Kishmis and sprinkle the Cardamom powder.
Ingridents required to make lapsi :
2 ½ cups coarse Semolina (suji)
2 1/2 cups Hot water
1/2 cup ghee
2 cups milk
2 cups jaggery grated
1 teaspoon cardamoms crushed
1/4 cup kishmis.
2 tablespoon Almonds